Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Stay informed on what's going on in Fontana

Fontana


Fontana is no longer the small town I grew up in and lately it's been experiencing a renaissance of sorts. Locals will recall how Rancho Cucamonga was routinely made fun of until it's city leadership got serious and brought an explosion of growth to it's downtown Foothill locations, anchored by Quakes Stadium. Fontana is well on it's way to following that example.

There's been an extensive remodeling of the area along Seville avenue, featuring a hiking trail that I fully intend to explore this weekend. I'll take some pictures and post them here.

But what prompted this post was the announcement of an email newsletter (available here.)

The Fontana Community Connections newletter showcases what is planned for the future. These include an expansion of the Chaffey College campus, a Hilton hotel and conference center, a Logan's steakhouse, and a seven-acre water park! That's pretty exciting stuff.

I miss the old Fontana of my childhood, but I have to admit that this new one is a pretty good consolation prize. Sign up for the newsletter and let me know what you think.

No comments: