Saturday, December 01, 2007

WARNING: New Home Improvement Scam

A friend just wrote to warn me about a new scam happening in the parking lot of home improvements store:

Just passing on a warning for all you guys who shop at Home Depot--

"Over the last month I became a victim of a clever scam while shopping at Home Depot. Simply going out to get supplies has turned out to be quite traumatic. Don't be naive enough to think it couldn't happen to you or your friends.

Here's how the scam works:

Two seriously good-looking 20-21 year-old girls come over to your car as you are packing your shopping items into the trunk. They both start wiping your windshield with a rag and Windex, with their chests almost falling out of their skimpy T-shirts. It is impossible not to look. When you thank them and offer them a tip, they say 'No' and instead ask you for a ride to another Home Depot or Lowe's. You agree and they get in the back seat.

On the way, they start undressing. Then one of them climbs over into the front seat and starts crawling all over you, while the other one steals your wallet.

I had my wallet stolen Nov 4th, 9th, 10th, twice on the 15th, 17th, 20th, & 24th. It happened three times just yesterday and is very likely again this upcoming weekend.

So tell your friends to be careful."

I'd comment on this, but I'm on my way to Ace Hardware...


No comments: