Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Best Fire Video Blog


In addition to it getting hot again and, thanks to the fire season, everything smelling like a camp out, I've picked up some bug and been sick as a dog. So, having nothing better to do, I've been trying to keep up on the fire situation.

According to Fox 11 News, 500,000 people have been evacuated, 1,300 structures destroyed, and about 640 square miles have burned to the ground.

The good news is the wind appears to have slowed down (at least enough that my cats are venturing out again) and hopefully crews can get these things under control.



I've also found a really good blog, the Firefighter Spot, which hosts tons of fire info, pictures and videos.

The Governor has set up a web page addressing the 2007 fire season, it's called "Battling California's Wildfires" and it's pretty up to date.

Something that's always worried me about this time of year is how easy it would be for some nut job to set these fires for kicks and how many of them are arson. The Sun reports at least one investigation is pointing to arson.

Check out the InciWeb: Incident Information System website for really good info on incidents in progress.

And, just to keep everything interesting, we also a had a 4.3 earthquake this morning.

Now, I'm dragging myself back to bed...

No comments: