Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Kissology II Due Out in August

Kissology II: 1978-1991, the sequel to Kissology Volume I: 1974-1977, is due to be released on August 14th and be pre-ordered on Amazon now.

Having recently rediscovered I really like to play the guitar, I've been exploring my rock roots (or having a mid-life crisis) and that's KISS. KISS was, in 1978, at the absolute top of their game. The first volume takes you through the build-up to top of the charts. Unfortunately, this is 70's video and it shows. While the sound in only decent, the video is grainy and in some sections so dark that it's hard to tell what's going on. What commentary there is, is brief and not always related to what's going on on screen. My favorite part is an interview of an extremely uncomfortable Gene Simmons by Mike Douglas. Gene tries to stay in his "demon" character while seated next to an eye-rolling Todi Fields and the result is just embarrassing.

Still, I was glad I bought it and I'm looking forward to getting the new one once it's available. It boasts more commentary, some documentary stuff and the ill fated movie KISS in Attack of the Phantoms renamed KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park, now a cult classic.

No comments: