Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Republicans pull in the majority of Statewide Offices

I’m surprised at how well Repub are doing - though I’m pleased with the results.

I don’t think it means any great swing in sentiment in my beloved land of fruits and nuts, though the propositions (and selections for statewide office) show a decidedly more conservative, or maybe moderate, turn.

I think that two factors are in work here; Arnold’s surprising long coattails and the Dem’s incredibly lame slate. Is there any Dem in the Golden State who wasn’t embarrassed by Cruz’s “I used to be fat - vote for me!” campaign? The Dem’s who did succeed were, for the most part, recycled liberals from a frankly more moderate Demo party of days gone by. Lockyer and Brown, as much as I hate to admit it, are staples of the California scene and have at least a nodding acquaintance with reality, something no Kos Kid ever possessed and, despite the Lamont slap-down, never seem to learn from their mistakes.

What’s that make Kos - 0 for 15?

It'll be interesting to read the postmortems tomorrow.

No comments: