Friday, January 06, 2006

Linux/Unix Vulnerabilities Outnumber Microsoft Windows 3 To 1

Geeks can usually discuss abortion, intelligent design or even the USC vs. Texas Rose Bowl Game (Sorry Trojan fans - it should have been a much bigger blowout. Texas kept making mistakes that helped USC) without resorting to personal attacks or drawing blood.

Discuss the relative security of Windows vs. Linux and you might as well walk into a room full of pitbulls wearing a meat suit.

Still, as someone who works in the industry, I see all of the alerts (I'm signed up for every security email list there is) and run all of the updates and I can assure you, I apply many, many more patches to my Fedora/Gentoo/FreeBSD boxes than I do the Microsoft boxes.

That said, decide for yourself - you can read the story here.

No comments: